Friday, July 26, 2013

Tim Tebow is Still Terrible

True Story.  I have NFL Network on in the background and I notice the Patriots QBs going through drills.  Tom Brady and the other QBs are taking snaps, dropping back, and throwing short out-routes to RBs.

The first thing I notice is how efficient Brady is with his drop-back footwork and release. Then I see the next guy go, some guy wearing #5, and I notice choppy footwork, a really long time to turn and set, and then a throwing motion that includes a long hitch leading to a release that's twice as long as Brady's.  I had two thoughts:

First, he must be a rookie, wow, rookies have so much to learn just in terms of fundamentals let alone scheme and plays!

Second, I wonder who that is, I'm surprised he's in an NFL camp without having ironed out that hitch during the off-season.

The NFL Network announcers identified #5 seconds later.  It wasn't a rookie, it was Tim Tebow.

Unless two QBs in front of him get injured, Tebow will never ever again be a starting QB in the NFL.  He's had years to learn NFL-caliber fundamentals, and he still looks like a raw rookie.

2 comments:

  1. Hey you are still alive! Glad to see it. Not being in the DC area I get all my Skins news online. Other than RG3's recovery, most of what I see is not good- more and more injuries piling up every day.

    I hope you could opine some on the RG3 situation. Seems like he probably won't play preseason which is good, but then what? No upgrades to the O line due to no draft picks/ridiculous NFL fine, so he'll still be running for his life every time he drops back to pass. Another injury like last year and his career is over. Maybe the Skins should sit him longer, say 6-8 games, see where they are, and if they are 2-6 maybe just tank the season with backups and rebuild via the draft sans sanction. I mean this guy is supposed to be The Francise- what if he's retired after another injury at the age of what 24?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still alive -- and looking forward to another season! Just posted on RGIII's situation. You make an interesting point, the O-Line has indeed gotten relatively little coverage even though they will play a huge role in protecting RGIII.

    ReplyDelete